For immediate release: April 1, 2020
Contact: Office of the City Manager
352-728-9786 x. 1100
City of Leesburg COVID-19 updates
LEESBURG, FL - In accordance with CDC guidelines and Lake County directives, the City of Leesburg continues to take precautionary measures to help curb the spread of COVID-19. Following are the latest updates and actions taken by the city in this effort:
- Effective until May 1, all meetings, activities and public gatherings at the following city facilities will be suspended: Venetian Center, Resource Center, gymnasium, Rogers Park pavilion and splash pad. This includes all City sponsored programs and use of meeting rooms by outside organizations and individuals.
- Recreation athletic programs including baseball, softball, pickleball and field rentals are also suspended during this period.
- City staff will be directly contacting those affected by these closings
- City Commission meetings will be held virtually starting April 13. Details on how the public can view and participate in the meeting will be provided later this week.
- The Customer Service Department is closed to walk-in traffic. Utility customers may pay their bill utilizing the drive-through window or the payment drop box located near the drive through lane at City Hall. Payments can also be made using a credit card, debit card or e-check by using on-line services at www.leesburgflorida.gov or by telephone at 352-728-9810. For assistance opening a new utility account or to make changes to an existing utility account, customers should call 352-728 9800.
- The city has suspended utility cut-offs and late fees until further notice. This applies to all residential and commercial accounts. Customers are encouraged to stay as current as possible with their payments to help avoid building up a large balance for later.
- Essential city services including police, fire, solid waste collection and all utilities continue operations at this time.
- The Leesburg Public Library is open for drive through service only. Check the library website for details at www.leesburgflorida.gov/library
Please check the City website at www.LeesburgFlorida.gov for the latest information.
Leesburg is a progressive city of more than 23,000 residents in northwest Lake County. The city government serves twice as many people with its electric, gas, water and wastewater public utilities. Leesburg is also a central hub for commerce, attracting 50,000 people to work each weekday. For more information, visit www.leesburgflorida.gov.