Christmas Light Competition Application
Leesburg Christmas Lights Competition - 2017
Click image to view larger image
Click here to view the News Release
- The City of Leesburg Parks & Recreation Department would like to invite all to City of Leesburg homeowners to participate in the 1st Annual Leesburg Christmas Lights Contest! This contest is our way of encouraging the entire Leesburg community to decorate and beautify their homes during the winter holiday season.
- Any resident located within Leesburg city limits is eligible. Entries will be evaluated based upon creativity, originality, thematic elements, and overall design quality – not just the quantity of lights! Entries are due to Leesburg Parks & Recreation by 11/29.
- Contest Timeline (Judging Dates): December 3 – 14.
- Voting is open to ALL public regardless of residency. Listings and/or maps of registered homes along with voting ballots will be available at Light Up Venetian Gardens, Leesburg Library, Leesburg Recreation Complex (Gym), and on the City of Leesburg website.
- First and Second place winners will receive a “Hometown Restaurant Gift pack”. This includes gift cards to authentic Leesburg establishments. Recreation staff will count the votes and determine a winner. The winner & runner up will be contacted and announced on the City Website and Recreation Facebook page.
1) Entrants must have a City of Leesburg address
2) Registration begins 11/1/17
3) Deadline to enter: Wednesday 11/29/17.
4) Apply at Leesburg Recreation Dept-1851 Griffin Road, Or online at leesburgflorida.gov/recreation
5) Voting is open to everyone (regardless of residency)
6) Voting dates: Voting begins 12/3/17 and ends at 12pm (noon) 12/14. Voting ballots available at Light Up Venetian Gardens, Leesburg Library, Leesburg Recreation Complex (Gym), and on the City of Leesburg website.
Winners will be contacted and announced on the City's website and on the Recreation Department's Facebook page.