“Adopt- A -Bench” INFORMATION
Are you searching for an unusual gift for someone special? What about a one-of-a-kind way to recognize a friend, or a unique way to memorialize a loved one? Consider adopting a park bench!
Leesburg Recreation Department’s “Adopt-A-Bench” program provides benches for installation throughout the City’s parks and recreation facilities. The Recreation Department staff invites residents, businesses, and organizations to “Adopt-A-Bench” for placement in pre-designated locations, or in a location — subject to approval — that you might suggest. The bench can be inscribed with the donor's name or dedication.
By adopting a bench, you will help endow the Recreation Scholarship Program. Each year, the City of Leesburg provides thousands of children in our community with a variety of recreational programs. The scholarship program helps deserving children by paying a portion of their registration fee and gives them the opportunity to participate in recreation programs that might otherwise be out of reach for them.
Studies have shown that children who regularly participate in activities are less likely to be involved in juvenile crime, have lower obesity rates, and are more likely to succeed as adults. Recreation gives kids an advantage and the Recreation Department’s goal is to provide recreation opportunities to all City of Leesburg children so that they all have an advantage. Every time a child joins a team, puts on a uniform, and plays in a game, they experience a sense of accomplishment and pride. Moreover, they learn the valuable lessons of teamwork, sportsmanship, and the importance of keeping active. All while creating memories that will last a lifetime.
By adopting a bench, you will not only memorialize someone special to you, but you will also be providing an opportunity for the youth of Leesburg. “Adopt- A- Bench” TODAY!
Bench availability is limited, so don’t miss out on this unique opportunity! To adopt a bench, contact the Leesburg Recreation Department at 352-728-9885 or by email at Recreation.Dept@leesburgflorida.gov.
Adopt – A - Bench Guidelines
• Applications submitted to the Recreation Offices (1851 Griffin Road Leesburg, FL)
• City of Leesburg Recreation Advisory Board (RAB) will review the application for final approval.
• The vote will include board members and a recreation department designee. The RAB reserves the right to reject any adopt – a – bench request for any reason at their sole discretion.
- RAB meets every 2nd Tuesday of the month at 7:00AM at the Leesburg Community Building.
- Notice of bench approval/disapproval will be no later than the Friday following the RAB meeting.
- Applicants are welcome to attend the meeting, but are not required to attend for approval.
• $1,000 to adopt an existing bench.
• $1,500 to adopt bench a new bench (applicant can suggest a location - final approval is at the sole desecration of the Recreation Department).
• Cost covers the manufacture and installation of the bench with a commemorative plaque.
• Wording on the plaque is limited to 2 lines, 18 characters per line.
• The life-cycle of commercial grade benches is approximately 10 years; the condition of the bench is graded at the sole discretion of the Recreation Department.
• Bench maybe relocated or removed at the sole discretion of the Recreation Department for any reason including future park development.
• Bench placements will be completed not more than 6 months after RAB approval and payment has been received.
• Venetian Gardens/Ski Beach
• Susan Street Sports Complex
• Sleepy Hollow Sports Complex
• Leesburg Recreation Complex (Gym)
• Venetian Gardens Pool
• H.O. Dabney Pool
• Leesburg Community Building
• City of Leesburg Marina
• Kids’ Korner Playground
• Berry Park
• All other City of Leesburg Parks
For more information, contact us at:
Leesburg Recreation Complex
1851 Griffin Road ,Leesburg, FL 34748
Telephone: 352.728.9885 - Fax: 352.326.6225
Visit us on: Facebook or www.leesburgflorida.gov/recreation