Starting your utility account is easy – you just need proper identification and to follow these steps:
- Complete the Online Utility Application. There are 2 options: You may fill out the form and submit the application electronically or print to submit in person.
- You will need picture identification (a drivers license, passport, government or military ID) as well as your Social Security Card or a completed IRS W9 form.
- Residential utility applicants must include a property rental or purchase agreement. (Real estate agents may use a listing agreement).
- Commercial utility applicants may provide a copy of the lease for commercial property or provide landlord verification.
Bring all these documents to the Customer Service Department at Leesburg City Hall at 501 W. Meadow St. in Leesburg. Our offices are open weekdays from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- A completed and signed Utility Application. (Print pages 1 & 2 to send in).
- A copy of a picture identification (drivers license, passport, government or military ID)
- A copy of Social Security Card or a Completed IRS W9 form.
- Proof of Residency. A copy of Lease or Rental Agreement or copy of sales contract or other proof of ownership.
- Fax: (352) 326-6623
- Mail: Leesburg Customer Service, P.O. Box 490630, Leesburg, Fla., 34749-0630
- Email Customer Service General E-MAIL.
For urgent requests, call Customer Service at (352) 728-9800.
Deposits and fees may be paid by telephone using a MasterCard, Visa, or Discover credit/debit card. Mailed payments may be made by personal check or money order. You can use all these methods or cash when paying in person.
TO TURN OFF UTILITY SERVICE
Call Customer Service at (352) 728-9800 to turn off your utility service OR email Customer Service your request with the following information: date of termination services, forwarding address and last four digits of social security number for authorization of this request.